WHAT DOES A SPARTAN VOLUNTEER DO?
Spartan volunteers are the backbone of every Spartan Race. As a Spartan Race volunteer, you will ensure that our racers and spectators have an epic experience.
Your efforts make the Spartan Race the best obstacle racing series, and ensure a great experience for thousands of participants. Spartan Race would not be what it is without you and your motivation!
We have different missions for you as a volunteer: on festival area, on the race, on registration…
Spartan volunteers work closely with Spartan Race staff in the following areas:
- Obstacle enforcement: control the security on obstacles, encourage Spartans, control penalties (Burpees), control the participants flow, contact medical in case of emergency, be at the aid station (you will work on 2-3 posts during the day)
- Registration: Welcome of participants, giving the Spartan pack…
- Bag check for racers: Welcome of participants, reception and distribution of racers bag.
- Start and Finish Line operations: Final aid station, t-shirts distribution, management of the flow, organisation of the start and control.
- Logistics: Various tasks on the festival area. Helping other posts (registration, bag check…), start line…
- Aid stations: hand out drinks and snacks to the racers on the course
What’s in it for me?
We are excited to announce a new volunteer program from 2019. Please read carefully the following information.
- A free entry* for a Spartan Race depending of your volunteering day.
- Pre and Post race (full shift) volunteering day: Sprint code.
- Race day (full shift) volunteering day: Sprint or Super or Stadion code.
- Race day (half day shift) volunteering day: Sprint code. Note: we are introducing the half day volunteering for 2019 events. It’s limited to 20 spots and the missions will be around the festival (registration, bag check or finish line). For organizational reasons, you will not be able to volunteer on the obstacles/aid stations for the half day.
- A Spartan Volunteer tee shirt
- A Spartan Volunteer Gym Bag
- Snacks and lunch
- A fun, action filled day helping to put on the best obstacle course race in the world!
* The codes are available during 1 year in the list of the following countries: Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, France and Netherlands.
Note: the more you volunteer, the more Spartan products you can earn!
Volunteer on two race days and grab your free venue shirt. Support us three times on a race day and you will get your crew hat. Volunteer on four race days and we will say thank you with our special hoodie – not available for purchase!
How do I sign up?
Follow these simple steps!
STEP 1: Select the race you are interested in from the drop down, and fill out your information. Make sure to pay special attention when typing your email address, because this is how we will get in touch with you. You will receive information about 10 days before the event.
STEP 2: Pay close attention to your email, especially as the race gets closer. Your Volunteer Coordinator will send you all final details, parking passes, etc. via email.
STEP 3: BURPEES. Make sure you know how to do a proper burpee HERE!
STEP 4: Show up! If you sign up, we expect you to show up. We need you!
I have a question that wasn’t answered in the FAQ, how do I contact the specific Volunteer Coordinator for my race?
All Volunteer Coordinators can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just make sure to include the race location you are interested in when you email.
Thank you, Spartan Volunteers!
Do not forget to join our Volunteer Facebook Group!
We couldn’t do this without you!